czwartek, 12 czerwca 2014

Boyhood


Few days ago I saw a trailer of a movie that I just can't wait to see. It's called "Boyhood" and it tells a story of a boy named Mason as he grows. Whats's so extraordinary about this movie is the fact that it's been filmed over 12 years with the same cast. 6 years old and 18 years old Mason are the same person.

In May 2002 the director of a movie and screenwriter Richard Linklater had decided to do something he has always wanted -  tell the story of a parent-child relationship that follows a boy from the first through the 12th grade and ends with him going off to college. 12 years later, in January 2014 his project "Boyhood" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah. 

As I'm the same age as Ellar Coltrane (Mason) is, I think it will be fascinating to watch him growing up and changing, becouse I'll probably be able to indentify with his story with one way or another. Even though for a lot of people this movie may seem too long, too slow and too boring I have a feeling that it will be a beautiful timelapse of a young boy's life.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz